Thursday 19 May 2011

Robert Burns



It was in sweet Senegal that my foes did me enthrall

For the lands of Virginia-ginia O;

Torn from that lovely shore, and must never see it more,

And alas! I am weary, weary O!

Torn from &c.



All on that charming coast is no bitter snow and frost,

Like the lands of Virginia-ginia O;

There streams for ever flow, and there flowers for ever blow,

And alas! I am weary, weary O!

There streams &c.



The burden I must bear, while the cruel scourge I fear,

In the lands of Virginia-ginia O;

And I think on friends most dear with the bitter, bitter tear,

And Alas! I am weary, weary O!

And I think &c.



I thought I would look at poetry as another source of
research as once again it’s an art within it’s self and using words. I would like to be able to use words within
my work as I think it’s an effective technique.
I’ve decided to look at poetry from the slave trade period as I think
they are very emotion and the basis of the majority of slaves is that they
lived around there fear. This would be
trying to escape and killed.





No comments:

Post a Comment